Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The use of and access to the pages of this website are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. By using this website, you agree to accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you are not authorised to use this website and you should exit the website immediately.
Victoria Centre is a shopping search portal providing you with fast and easy access to a wide range of goods and services. These are supplied by retailers which have a physical presence at [Add centre name]. We believe that you will find our service will provide both a safe and convenient shopping environment.
However, apart from providing the conduit, we are not at all involved in the transaction between you and the retailer. Victoria Centre does not accept any liability for any purchases made between you and the retailer on the retailers' website after using this website. It is therefore advised that you check the retailer's website for terms and conditions before committing to a purchase. Most providers of goods and services will have clear statements of trading policy on their websites. If for any reason a supplier does not publish such information, you may wish to make direct contact for clarification. As a consumer none of your statutory rights will be affected.
Intu Properties plc may modify these terms and conditions at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms on the website. Accordingly your continued access or use of this website shall be deemed by your acceptance of the terms applicable from time to time. You should check these terms from time to time and each time you revisit this website.
1. Company information and enquiries and complaints
- This website is owned by Intu Properties plc and is hosted by Interdirect Ltd.
- Intu Properties plc is a company registered in England and Wales, with a registered address of 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BU, registered number of 02893329 and a VAT registration number of 629690306.
- If you have any enquiries or complaints (about the website or someone else’s use of the website) then please contact Victoria Shopping Centre using the Contact Us web page, or by writing to us c/o Marketing Department, Intu Properties plc, 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BU.
2. This Website
- This website is intended to be a source of useful and informative information relating to the activities of Intu Properties plc.
- Intu Properties plc shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on the website is accurate and up to date.
- Intu Properties plc may make improvements or changes in the information, services, products, and other materials on this website, or terminate this website, at any time without notice.
In the course of your use of this website, you may provide to Intu Properties plc or Intu Properties plc may otherwise obtain, information about you. For example, when you submit an email form via the Contact Us web page of this website, we may need to know your name, e-mail address, mobile telephone number and home address details in order to contact you in relation to your query or to provide the information requested by you. This information may be used by us to catalogue your interests in certain goods or services and to keep you informed about news, offers and events if you have provided consent to be contacted.
Use of personal information
Information collected by this website, will be processed in accordance with this policy for the following purposes:
- For research into your particular areas of interest or activities on the website to enable us to offer you a more efficient service tailored to your needs.
- To enable us to bring to your attention certain goods or services offered by Intu Properties plc or retailers which you may be interested in.
- To pass on to third party retailers or service providers in whose goods or services you may be interested.
- To assess the function and performance of this website.
- To assess the needs of our customers, to market products and services.
- To enter you into competitions that we run from time to time.
We may occasionally send you communications about products and services we feel may be of interest to you. This will only come from Intu Properties plc (or our agents) and only if you choose to receive to these offers. You can tell us not to contact you or share your information with a third party at any point.
If at any future time you do not wish to continue to receive communications about products, services, news, offers and events then please submit an email form via the Contact Us web page or by writing to us c/o Marketing Department, Intu Properties plc, 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BU stating that you wish to opt out of this use of your data.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that an internet site transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use will last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and last for longer.
Necessary session management
- managing your login session so you can move easily from one page to another within the website and your page requests are loaded in smooth and secure manner;
- collecting statistical information about how you use the website so that we can improve the site;
- remembering that you have used the website before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the site;
- storing your preferences and selections;
- customising elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the website for you;
You can access more detail about specific cookies issued through the website and how to restrict or block certain third party cookies by following the link to our cookie chart.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on our website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website if you do so.
In addition to cookies, we use pixel gifs/web beacons in relation to your use of the website - these are small image files that may be placed by us or third parties in respect of your use of the website or within the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or if particular content is of interest.
So that we can offer you the best possible online experience, new services using cookies may be added to our website from time to time. We aim to keep the cookies information provided her as accurate as possible and use all reasonable efforts to regularly review and update the details. When we update these details we will post changes on this page or on other pages of our website or let you know about these changes in any communications we send to you.
Accessing your personal information
You are protected by law through the Data Protection Act 1998. Intu Properties plc and all retailers with access to your personal data are obliged to comply with this at all times.
In particular you have a right to ask what information Intu Properties plc or a retailer holds about you and for a copy of that information to be made available to you.
In the case of Intu Properties plc, this can be done by using the Contact Us web page or by writing to us c/o Marketing Department, Intu Properties plc, 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BU.
In the case of individual retailers, you can make a request to that retailer direct in writing using the relevant contact details on the retailer's website.
4. Your General Responsibilities and Acknowledgements
- You are responsible for the interpretation between your PC and the website.
- You will not use the website in such a way as to corrupt data, insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus or other form of message which may affect the performance or functionality of a computer system or hack into any computer system via the website.
- You acknowledge that you can be held legally liable for what you say or do online. For example, you can be held accountable for defamatory comments, threats and statements that are illegal or fraudulent.
5. Intu Properties plc's Proprietary Rights
- This website provides information of a general nature and is designed for information purposes only and should not be relied upon without making other enquiries appropriate to the circumstances.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the design of the website and the contents, selection and arrangement of all of the material which is available on this website ("the Material") belongs to Intu Properties plc.
- Intu Properties plc grants you a limited licence to access the Material from a single personal computer and to print a hard copy of such items of Material solely for your personal, non-commercial use provided that you leave all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices intact and that you agree not to copy, download, store in any medium, display, adapt, modify, manipulate, translate, distribute, transmit or re-transmit, transfer, sell, re-publish any such Material (including any software used in the creation of this website) or to create any derivative works based on any such Material for any purposes other than those noted above. No Material may be commercially exploited in any way, without the prior written permission of Intu Properties plc. Modification of any of Materials or use of the Materials for any of the above prohibited purposes will infringe Intu Properties plc's trade marks and other intellectual property rights.
6.Your Personal Information
7. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Intu Properties plc disclaims all express and implied warranties with regard to the information, services, and materials contained on this website. All information, services, and materials are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind including in relation to, the accuracy and completeness of the website's contents. Intu Properties plc further accepts no responsibility or liability for, and makes no warranties, that functions contained at this website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected or that this website or the server that makes it available is free of any virus or other harmful elements. For your own safety you should take regular back-up copies of data and use the latest virus checking software and Intu Properties plc cannot accept any liability arising from your failure to do so. Note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusions of implied warranties so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- This website contains links to other websites which are independent of Intu Properties plc and are maintained by third parties. Intu Properties plc is not responsible for the contents of any third party websites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the contents of such websites. Any links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this website, and does not imply Intu Properties plc's endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators. Any third party that wishes to establish links to this website should notify Intu Properties plc of their intention prior to doing so. Intu Properties plc reserves the right to deny permission for any such links to this website.
- Save as in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence, fraud and for any other liability which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited, Intu Properties plc disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law, (i) any liability for loss or damages arising out of or in connection with the use or of reliance placed on this website, any of its contents or any other website to which this website has links (ii) any liability for indirect or consequential loss or damages, (iii) any liability for loss of data, income, profit or opportunity, loss of or damage to property and any claims of third parties; in each case even if Intu Properties plc has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage or if such loss or damage were reasonably foreseeable.
- If any court finds any provision of these terms to be void or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the courts finding without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These terms represent the entire understanding and agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersede any and all prior statements, understandings or agreements whether oral or in writing, except in relation to fraudulent misrepresentation.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law. Any dispute under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts and, by using this website, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts, provided that Intu Properties plc may apply to any court worldwide in order to protect or enforce its intellectual property rights.
Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Intu Properties plc's control.
Intu Properties plc is making great efforts to ensure that all electronic information on this website is accessible to people with disabilities.
If you cannot fully access the information on a particular page, please use the Contact Us web page links on each page of this website to notify us. We will do our best to make the information available to you, possibly in an alternative format.
Competition Terms & Conditions
These are the standard terms and conditions for all competitions found at
Special terms may apply to particular competitions in addition to these terms, and those terms can be found at the relevant competition page. If any special competition term conflicts with these Terms, the special competition term will apply.
1. If you wish to participate in the competition you must agree to these terms and conditions
(“Terms”). By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully.
2. The competition is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over, excluding employees and contractors, agents and service providers of Intu Properties plc, Victoria Centre or any retailers at Victoria Centre, any family members of such employees or contractors and anyone professionally associated with this competition.
3. Only one entry per person. No purchase required.
4. All entry instructions for the competition will form part of these Terms. The entry instructions can be found on the relevant page of www.victoriacentre.uk.com
Offers/Competitions/ or are available at Customer Services.
5. To enter the competition, please: (a) complete the official entry form available on www.victoriacentre.uk.com or (b) submit the entry form available at Customer Services. Entries must be submitted by the specified closing date.
6. The prize winner(s) will be the person(s) with the first correct entry or entries drawn at random by an independent person selected by us.
7. The prize winner(s) will be notified within 7 days of the closing date of the competition.
8. The prize winner’s surname and County will be made available on the competition page at www.victoriacentre.uk.com
9. The prize winner may be required to take part in some promotional activity as a condition of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If you are required to take part in such promotional activity, you agree that we may (but are not obliged to) use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, transport advertising (such as buses), social media advertising (such as Facebook and Twitter), in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), leaflets and flyers and on our website. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use by us of your image or footage in which you appear.
10. The decision of Victoria Centre is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Prizes are subject to availability. The prize(s) will be as stated on www.victoriacentre.uk.com
Winner(s) must collect their prize(s) from Victoria Centre within 30 days of the closing date of the competition. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for prizes. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
13. Information you provide to us on the entry form will be used to contact you for the
purposes of the competition. We may need your date of birth to verify that you are entitled to enter this competition, but will not use it for any other purpose. If you have selected the options to be contacted by Victoria Centre and its’ retailers for marketing purposes, we will only use your information for those purposes. We will not pass on your information to any third parties.
15. We reserve the right to refuse to award prizes to anyone in breach of these Terms.
16. We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) in exceptional circumstances, vary, amend or cancel this competition at any time on reasonable notice, including varying the closing date for the competition; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the competition if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) amend these Terms, in which case we will use reasonable efforts to notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants.
17. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this competition or the prizes.
18. The promoter of this competition is Intu Properties plc Victoria Centre Partnership, a company registered in England No. 004172 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
19. Any queries in relation to this competition should be directed in writing to The Marketing Department, Centre Management Offices, 222 Victoria Centre, Nottingham. NG1 3QN.
20. These Terms and this competition are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.